HOW Will your business win in the transition to a net zero Economy?
The Government’s commitment to transition to a net zero economy by 2050 is set to transform UK business. This shift is supported by similar public pledges by leading businesses, public sector organisations and other societal stakeholders. Meeting these commitments will not be easy and will catalyse substantial, sustainable changes in the way that business is done and our economy operates.
These changes will be seismic, disrupting current markets and supply chains in many sectors. This major shift in our way of life will bring significant new challenges and opportunities . All UK organisations need to consider their response to the impact of achieving net zero emissions by 2050.
The move to a net zero economy will create seismic change
No matter the market you currently serve, the move to a net zero economy will ultimately affect your customer’s priorities and buying decisions.
Transport & Logistics
Winners and losers in the transition to a net zero economy
Organisations are slow to respond to the net zero opportunity will be at a significant disadvantage to competitors that possess a net zero carbon offer. These risks include:
- Loss of market share as customers switch to zero carbon alternatives
- Exclusion from supplier shortlists
- Inability to meet targets for sales growth
- Erosion of brand value and reputation
- Declining margins to offset stiffer competition
- Stranded high carbon assets, which will become difficult to sell or market
Unlike the winners in the net zero economy, these laggards will miss out on major new growth opportunities in new markets for net zero goods and services.
Early movers will acquire a sustainable net zero business advantage
Businesses that take early action will win in the transition to a net zero economy. By developing net zero goods and services they will also discover many new opportunities:
Early movers will benefit from the growing ambition of both business and society to Build Back Better.
- By developing net zero propositions and offers more aligned with the net zero transition, business can grow and make a bigger, more positive impact on society and the environment.
- In economic terms net zero opportunities are big and global, offering growth not just in the UK, but also in export markets.
- An increased net zero focus aligns very well with the growing ambitions of many business stakeholders e.g. customers, employees and investors to support business that can demonstrate a positive impact.
In this way a sincere commitment to the net zero transition can protect and enhance both the brand and the reputation of any business.
Discover how you can maximise your opportunity and impact from the shift to net zero