Leading Edge Research
Translation Through Collaboration
High Impact Applications
Meeting new pressures on researchers
For researchers aligning with new policy goals can be daunting, counter-cultural and an unwelcome distraction. To secure funding it’s clear that researchers need to:
- develop a comprehensive understanding and compelling evidence of how their research positively impacts business and wider society.
- be abreast of the innovation challenges, such as those arising from the UK Industrial Strategy or UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- deepen their understanding of challenges by engaging with business and other stakeholders to discover how their research can deliver impact.
- find and collaborate with the businesses, (both large blue chips and SMEs), that can benefit from the impact of their research.
- clearly articulate the value and impact that their research can contribute to meeting these challenges.
- construct multi-disciplinary teams in collaboration with industry to translate their research ideas into novel applied innovations that address the identified challenges.
InCEPT™ helps researchers overcome these obstacles, by validating
the value of their research with “challenge owners” from any sector
HOW InCEPT™ ENABLES MORE EFFECTIVE COLLABORATIONS BETWEEN RESEARCHERS AND INDUSTRY’
InCEPT™ enables researchers to scale their reach and connect with multiple industry collaborators within a single engagement programme, by delivering:
- A collaborative environment that supports open and effective engagement between multi-disciplinary participants
- Greater synergies by combining a broader range of subject matter expertise and industry perspectives on the challenge areas
- Earlier and stronger connections between science capabilities and end-user value and impact, a vital step to commercialising IP from any research.
- Enhanced reputation and standing of their academic institution, by demonstrating both the industrial value and wider impacts.
The result is that the application of InCEPT™ builds more effective collaborations that enable smarter innovation faster by delivering valuable outputs quickly.
IBM Research is at the heart of developing solutions for the world’s global environmental, societal and business challenges. In collaboration with our customers and partners our data centric systems and high performance computing capabilities are key components of delivering these world class solutions. Cambium has made a very valuable contribution to IBM and their high performance computing research partner, the Hartree Centre. The have helped create more effective ways of working between the collaborating teams and accelerated the way we engage and address the priority business challenges of our industrial partners.
Dr. Dave Watson, CBE, FREng, CEng, FIET, Director, IBM Research, UK